Sunday, January 30, 2011

TGIX... X=Xenon headlights

Friday night, I was out with some friends in Manhattan Beach until way past my bedtime. It was yet another gorgeous sunny day, but as soon as things cooled down, the fog rolled in. And when I say fog, I mean FOG! It seemed like I could barely make out the tail lamps on cars are were only 2 or 3 car lengths in front of me. When I came up to intersections, I could not even make of the street signs and the familiar streets became completely unrecognizable (navi came in really handy!), especially when there were streetlights that made the fog glow and made things worse. Luckily, I had some help from the bright Xenon headlamps and the trusty fog lights. Getting on the freeway was not much better and things did not subside until I was 3 blocks from my house. I'd never seen the sky so clear!

On another note, during the week, I had to make a quick trip down to Irvine (~45 miles away) and I was finally able to make use of the adaptive cruise control. The gizmo really works! There were several cops along the way and it really kept me from venturing past all the cautious drivers. All that steady cruising has also bumped the avg. fuel economy to ~21 mpg, up from the usual 16-17 mpg I was getting from just commuting. I would not be surprised to get 26-27 mpg on a road long trip. Not bad for a car with 385 horses!

1 comment:

  1. German quality xenon headlights are the standard for high class and real deal headlights for your car needs. Many luxurious car brands used xenon headlights as part of their car offerings.

    ReplyDelete