Sunday, January 16, 2011

Short Sunday drive


View RPV sunday drive in a larger map

Instead of watching the Patriots hemorrhaging their season away against the Jets, I decided to enjoy the beautiful 75° day outside with a short drive to Racho Palos Verdes. RPV is truly an escape from the hustle and bustle of the greater LA area and one of the most scenic places for a quick getaway.

First stop was at a neighborhood park on the northern part of RPV. The park hugged the coast and offered a wide open view of the coast. A quick drive up the hill proved to be even more spectacular and an even better photo op with the Genesis. Had I planned this trip a little better, I could have hiked down to Bluff Cove, but I marched on to the open roads!

This was where the Genesis really shined! Smooth, open tarmac along the coast that was just perfect for windows-down cruisin' with music pumping through the Lexicon system. Life is good! To get home, I decided to take the short route up Hawthorne Blvd, which took me to a vista point that showed off a distant view of Portuguese Bend (I sure envy those who get to enjoy that view every morning!). The V8 was perfect for smooth and effortless drive up the hill, and the firm suspension I complained about earlier came in handy when tackling the wide, sweeping curves going downhill. Not a bad Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment