Saturday, October 29, 2011

Steering wheel tilt

After driving the 2012 Genesis, I found that the steering column on my Genesis did not have the same travel range as the 2012. At first I thought this might have been something they changed for the new model year and that was what I was told by one of the dealerships nearby.

I went to South Bay Hyundai for an oil change, and initially, I did not mention this issue to the service advisor. However, I quickly walked over to a 2011 Genesis I saw on the sales lot and tested out the tilt and telescope functions. It turns out, there was definitely something wrong with my car! I ran back to the service desk and informed the service advisor of this issue. A couple hours later, they remedied the problem with some sort of a computer reset, along with an oil change, a quick lube of the driver's seat, and a car wash! Needless to say, of the 3 different dealerships I've been to, this was by far the best service visit I've experienced so far. The oil change also included a multi-point inspection of the brake pads, tires, and fluid levels, and it was a mere 30 bucks plus tax w/ an online coupon. I'd say their inspection is not all that far off from what's required for the 7500 mile service, so it's a steal. I'll be sure to go back to this place for the 15K service!

No comments:

Post a Comment