Friday, October 21, 2011

10K, Auto hold, 91 octane.

After 10 months and 10,000+ miles, my Genesis has been a very good one. There have been a few issues, but they've been rather minor. The more I drive this car, the more I appreciate the little details that make my everyday commute that much better. Take, for instance, the "AUTO HOLD" feature. When the auto hold button on the control panel next to the parking brake button is pressed on, the car will automatically hold the brakes for you after you've come to a complete stop and the brakes are released as soon as you press the accelerator. This is obviously useful when stopping and starting from a steep hill, but I've found use of it at the end of the day or end of a long drive when my right foot needs some rest. Those precious few minutes at the stoplight is just a little more relaxing and it allows me to stretch out my right foot and ankle.

On a separate note, if you recall from the last mileage update, I filled'er up with 91 octane instead of the usual 87 to see if it would make a difference in the mileage. It turns out that daily commute traffic had been pretty bad in the past week and I ended up getting only ~16.5 mpg. It certainly does not seem to make any difference what fuel grade I use when I'm sitting in traffic most of the time. I curse the LA traffic!! It would still be interesting if there is any difference in the mileage on longer trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment