Monday, May 2, 2011

First oil change

After about 4 months, I've hit the 5000 mile mark. I know the manual calls for oil changes every 7500 miles, but also says every 5000 miles under "severe" driving conditions. I do make a fair bit of short trips and when I checked the oil, it was starting to look a little brown, so it was time. One thing to note is that the Genesis requires a cartridge type oil filter (I think I've seen something similar with Mercedes), which, apparently, is not common enough for typical oil change places to keep in stock. I did eventually find a Firestone Auto Care center that said they could have one within an hour on Saturday morning. All told, with an online coupon, it was about 22 bucks with tax. What a deal!


I've also had a couple of minor issues that the dealer more or less took take of, but I'll get to that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment