Sunday, February 6, 2011

fuel economy update: Stretching out those legs...

Although it wasn't under the most ideal circumstances, I had to make a trip up to San Francisco for some family time. This meant I could finally make a long trip in the Genesis and stretch out its legs.

I unfortunately forgot to bring my camera for the scintillating shots of I-5 (i.e., middle of almost nowhere) and my camera would have completely failed to capture the god-awful cow stench along the way, but I'll try to write a quick summary tomorrow.

In the mean time, here are the fuel mileage numbers:
total: 900 miles, ~37.5 gal. = 24 mpg(!)

I think all the bugs may have played into some aerodynamic drag (sounded like a distant machine gun at one point... yikes), but pretty good numbers overall and pretty much identical to what my Solara V6 used to get on the same trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment